Childcare Coordinator - B & A School Care
- Permanent role Mon- Fri shifts 6am-9am, 2.30pm-6pm with 1.1 admin hours
- Work close to home in the beautiful Blue Mountains!
- Competitive salary package with an immediate start!
Reporting to the Director, you will ensure the management of the before and after school care program with a focus on safety delivered through a structured and well-balanced program.
You will be a positive person who is well-presented, energetic and motivated who enjoys working as part of a team. You will strive for the highest level communication with children, families and the school to ensure you are providing the best care possible.
Your duties will include:
- Implement and manage daily routine and program activities in accordance with NQS and MTOP
- Ensure the safety of all children in care
- Supervise and assist children in program activities
- Coordinating and briefing the Program Assistants
- Preparation of daily activities and resources, equipment and afternoon tea
- Develop, organise and implement food menu
- Record keeping and management, administrative duties, petty cash
- Arrange staff rosters
- Maintain approved behaviour management operating standards and systems
- Ensure positive working relationships with parents, Program Assistant(s), school office/teachers and children connected to the Service
- Meeting attendance
- Work with the Director and team to tailor each aspect of the service to engage, inspire and delight the children attending the service
- Promote the values and benefits of the Service
To be successful in this role you will need:
- Diploma in Children's Services or equivalent
- Minimum of 5 years experience in a similar role
- Childcare industry knowledge and experience preferably in an OSHC environment
- Current and valid First Aid Certificate including CPR, Asthma and Anaphylaxis, Working with Children's Check
- Current Class C drivers licence
- Experience in leading a small team of staff
- Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills with proven ability to communicate effectively with staff and parents and positively promote the Service
- Demonstrated ability to plan, develop, implement and evaluate child appropriate programs and activities
- Safety first focus
- Team focused with emphasis on providing high level of customer care
- Highly organised and flexible, ability to think outside the box and forward plan
- Positive and optimistic outlook, friendly disposition
- Friendly and caring disposition
- Ability to maintain composure under pressure
- A work history demonstrating reliability, punctuality, enthusiasm, initiative and commitment
- Experience of supporting continuous improvement
Before you apply for this role you must have a Diploma in Children's Services, a valid Working with Children's Check and Police Check, up to date First Aid certificates including CPR, Asthma and Anaphylaxis.
On offer is an exciting career challenge with a competitive salary package and a work environment with a friendly and supportive culture.
If you would like to manage a Before and After Child Care service that values its employees and provides a great working environment, then apply now!!
Please address all screening questions fully (do not reply 'see CV' or similar). If you have any questions or would like to have a chat about the role please contact Anita during business hours on 02 4736 3666.
Complete Recruitment Solutions thanks all applicants for their interest. Unfortunately due to high levels of anticipated response only applicants shortlisted for an interview will be contacted.